Wednesday, September 1, 2010


----------Remembering my Guru on his 8th death anniversary
1st September, 2010.

Karanth ; A rendering yogi (Baba)
_____________________________________________________________________
I have seen a rendering yogi in him who is always in search of something, something new, something modern and at the same time original, indigenous, pure and connected with the roots at every time and in every moment. He remained an experimentalist and blessed by the supreme to create new all the time of his creations. Music was his weapon to achieve the truth. With the help of music he was always hooked up with the waves of cosmos. He has never associated with any organizations, repertories or groups for long. He had the tendency to leave and renounce at the pick of its maturity. As he always used to say, “I can’t stick to a particular kind of life for a longer period. I get bored after certain time. My throat choked and I long for fresh air. I can’t create any thing if I wouldn’t travel. I want to see the world, people, life, landscapes, mountains, temples, Mosques, gurudwara, Church, tribes, rituals and everything that a man can see in his whole life. I want to do mistakes and rectify it by my own experiences. I want to learn anything and everything that I could do”. (Once I found a book on “The art of cooking” in his book self). So he became a traveler throughout his life. He didn’t follow any particular style or form. Where ever he went he adapted the native forms and converted that into his own creations. That became the style of Karanth (Karanth effect). He has never followed the grammar rather created his own. His eyes, ears, heart, mind and soul was transformed into a big truth of Theatre; the holy theatre. Theatre became a celebration for him which was reflected every time in his productions; the celebration of life; Utsav dharmi. He had a tendency to forget. He forgot everything very easily. Even some times he asked for my name and felt very much embarrassed for that deed. It became a part of his personality. But it is obvious for Karanth Ji. For him, “If I will not forget, how can I create?” He never repeated anything in his life. There was no look back even. Many times he forgot his own compositions which he had created few hours ago and made something new. We had to make him remember the original one. In this way he had created many compositions for a piece of music or a scene. Even at times he himself rejected his own creation by saying it was not done by him. This nomadic yogi has achieved and acquired that others couldn’t. A sense of satisfaction and dissatisfaction were found always in his gestures at the same time and same moment; satisfaction for his achievements and restlessness for new creation. He gave up everything so he was pulled off with many things.

Baba…………!!!!!!!!!!!You have opened my eyes and ears towards a wonderful world of creation and ignited all the senses to receive. I salute you on the occasion of your death anniversary and the forth coming Guru divas (Teacher’s day).

Bless us all.
Yours loving
Satya

No comments: